At AccessCare our priority is to make sure your home is safe and secure so you can continue to maintain your independence. We provide assistance and support with some home modifications tasks and minor home maintenance in relation to your health, safety and security. We also ensure these modification services assist in creating a home environment which supports reablement.
Our services with an occupational therapy referral include:
- Installation of ramps - permanent or temporary
- Installation of rails - internal and external
- Bathroom installations - hand-held showers, sliding shower rails, weighted shower curtains and removal of shower screens
- Step modifications - internal and external
- Safety installations - fitting of emergency alarms and other safety aids
Home modifications are provided to improve safety and accessibility and independence within the home environment. The tasks undertaken help to increase or maintain your functional independence so that you can move confidently and safely around the house and continue to live independently.
An Occupational Therapist will assess the need for home modifications, as well as consider alternative solutions that may be more suitable such as assistive technology and equipment.
What a fantastic job Brad did on the steps last week. He was very professional and provided me with well thought out recommendations. He deserves a gold star. - Norma