Self drive community bus hire
Bus Details for Hire
- Toyota Commuter - 11 Seats (+ Wheelchair Access)
- Toyota Coaster - 21 Seats (Light Rigid Licence required)
Collection and Return Point
- The Kingston Garden Boulevard Depot
Conditions of Use
- Twelve (12) & Twenty (20) Seat buses are available for hire by community groups operating within the Municipality.
- Kingston City Council accepts no responsibility for any expense or inconvenience incurred, should the Community Bus be unavailable on a requested date or due to unexpected circumstances.
- The community group will be advised at the time of booking of the current daily fee.
- If the bus is returned with less than a full tank of fuel and/or requires additional cleaning on return, a cleaning and/or fuel fee will also be applied.
- The community group will be sent an invoice subsequent to the hire period, for payment via usual bill payment options.
Process for Booking and Hiring Self-Drive Community Bus
- The Community Bus is garaged at the Depot and is available for collection from 4pm onwards on the Friday immediately prior to the Weekend Hire period.
- The nominated Driver/s are to present to the Community Bus Coordinator a current Driver's Licence, with appropriate endorsement, which will be sighted and copied. All hire documentation is to be completed, including signed acceptance of these Terms & Conditions by the nominated Driver.
- Once the necessary administration is completed, the bus key and swipe card to access the Depot car park will be issued to the nominated Driver.
- The bus is to be returned to the Depot by the agreed time. Prior to return the bus is to be cleaned inside and out and refueled. The bus is to be parked in the front car park of the Depot.
Conditions of carriage
- The organization hiring the bus must confirm their status as a Registered Bus Operator upon collection of the keys. (Refer toTransport Safety Victoria)
- The specified maximum number of passengers displayed in the vehicle must be adhered to at all times.
- The destination of the bus is to be confirmed at the time of booking. The buses are not to be driven on unsealed roads, in conditions where snow chains are required, beyond the State borders of Victoria or to a destination that differs from that listed on the Booking Form.
- Smoking is prohibited at all times within the Community Bus. If food is consumed within the bus, additional care must be taken to ensure the bus is clean on return.
- Neither the passengers nor Driver must consume any recreational Drugs or Alcohol on the Community Bus. The Driver must maintain a zero blood alcohol level in line with the Bus Safety Act (Vic) 2009.
- The Driver must confirm that they have sought advice from a GP/Pharmacist and that any prescribed or over the counter medication will not impair their ability to drive and will not breach the legislative
- Requirement of a zero Drug and Alcohol reading.
- No trailers of any description are to be towed by the Community Bus
- The Hirer is responsible for any Traffic Infringements incurred, including Road Tolls and/or Speeding Fines. Receipt of a Traffic Infringement to a community group hiring the Community Bus is likely to prevent further hire of the bus. Please note that the Buses are not fitted with City Link E-tags.
- Travel log books (in the vehicle) must be completed, with date/s of travel, destination, kilometres travelled and name of the Driver.
- Seat belts must be worn by occupants. All infants and children under the age of 7 must be secured in an approved Child Restraint.
- It is the expectation of the Hirer to ensure behavior on the bus is at all times appropriate and will in no way bring the City of Kingston into disrepute.
- The nominated Driver must hold a full Victorian Drivers Licence. A Driver holding a Learner or Provisional Licence is not permitted to drive the Community Bus.
- A Light Rigid Licence must be held and sighted if hiring the 20-seat bus.
- The height clearance of the 12-seat Community Bus is 2.4 m.
- The height clearance of the 20-seat Community Bus is 3.0 m.
- The Community Bus is covered by full comprehensive insurance.
- The $2,500 excess may be applicable to the hiring organization/individual in the event of any damage incurred during the period of hire.
In the event of a bus breakdown, please refer to the information kit contained within the glove box and contact the relevant fleet management company.
Incidents / Accidents
- Please report any issues to the Community Care After Hours Number: 1300 819 200
- No repairs are to be undertaken by the Hirer.
- The user/s will be responsible for organizing their own transport home, should the bus become unserviceable during the hire period.
- STOP. Exchange names, addresses, registration number, make/model of vehicle, person/s involved, time and location of incident, witnesses (if applicable).
- If any person involved in the incident has been injured, the Police must be called to immediately attend the scene. If necessary, an ambulance should also be called. At no time enter into any discussion regarding negligence.
- If the bus cannot be driven, the Hirer must arrange to have the vehicle towed to the Depot at the expense of the Hirer.
- The incident must be reported to the Kingston City Council's After Hours contact as soon as possible: Community Care After Hours Number - 1300 819 200.
- The Incident/Accident form (contained in the Information manual) must be completed.
- Note Hirers; please take extra care when departing from the Council depot as you exit onto the road.
- Failure to meet any of these conditions may prevent acceptance of future bookings
Click here to view form.